Visa & Travel into Spain

The information provided below should only serve as a reference for your travel plans and is in no way an official guide.

We advise that you do your own research based on your own circumstances, and ensure you have the right documentation prior to travel. 

Please check the type of badge you are issued, assistance is only available if you are a VIP, Speaker, Delegate, Exhibitor or Media Partner/Association Partner. Please contact us with your confirmation email and/or badge number at [email protected]

For all other attendee types no visa assistance is available and you must make your own arrangements. 

Spanish Government's official website and information for foreigners

Please see here for more details >>

What documentation is required to travel to Spain?
The documentation required to travel to Spain varies according to the country of origin.
If you are a citizen of a EU country, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Lichtenstein, you will need a valid passport or ID card. Additionally, in the case of a minor travelling with an ID document, this must be accompanied by written permission from the parents.
If you come from another country:
The maximum stay in Spain is 90 days.There are a number of countries whose citizens are required to have a valid current visa in order to enter Spain. You can consult them on this list. Citizens of these countries can also travel to Spain if they have a residence permit or a long-term visa issued by another country in the European Union (with the exception of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Romania, Bulgaria and Cyprus), Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein.
Citizens of all other countries must be in possession of documents which justify the object and the conditions of their stay, and be in possession of sufficient economic resources for their maintenance throughout the period they are intending to remain in Spain. The documents they are required to present will vary according to the motive of the trip. You can consult them in the “Foreign Affairs” section of the Ministry of Internal Affairs website.
It is advisable to take out travel insurance for your trip.
Given that conditions may vary, we suggest you contact the Spanish Embassy or Consulate to verify these requirements before you start your trip.
When should I start my application?

You can should contact your local Spanish embassy to determine requirements for visa applications.

The processing time of the visa application will vary depending on your country. We recommend you apply at least two months before travelling.

Please ensure that your passport is valid for six months from arrival into Spain.